For the past 3 months I've been working on a mobile game. Yesterday I had it released on Google Play. Here's a brief story on how it came to be.
Being a freelancer can be tough when it comes to keeping a steady flow of work. If you're lucky the clients come to you but if you aren't that well known you have to actively seek new work. Recently I found myself "in between projects" and went on to find new clients.
So Google announced that they are shutting down their popular (well, not according to them) Google Reader service and there's been something of a backslash ever since. I'm not an avid user of the service but I did use it from time to time and found it a simple and effective way to keep track of the blogosphere. The question on everyone's mind is now what will happen to all my feeds? Change is sometimes scary especially when used to something for a long time.
I'm setting up a discussion forum to one of my Wordpress sites with bbPress and got stuck early on when trying to change the system language (locale). This is a rather trivial problem but one that took a lot of time to track down. The problem is that most of the documentation out there is for bbPress 1.x which doesn't apply to bbPress 2.x anymore. I wish bbPress would get more love from the creators of Wordpress but until that happens we just need to get by with what we've got.
I was recently working on a small photo gallery for one of my sites. Having images with various dimensions I quickly ran into trouble aligning the photos nicely with CSS alone. What I wanted was for the photos to align like they do in Pinterest; flowing smoothly next to each other despite being of various size. So I seeked out a solution that did just that.
I love little snippets of code that I can just copy-paste in whenever needed. One customisation that I've often needed in Drupal is altering the default form submit button values. In this article you will find how to change the submit button values in Search, Node and Views forms.
I needed an easy way to do validation for a custom HTML form. Since the website was in Drupal which uses jQuery it was natural to look for solutions that take advantage of that library. I ended up using the jQuery Validation plugin which is simple to implement on any form.